Friday, June 24, 2016

Glitch by Hugh Howey

The Curse of the Bruel CovenGlitch 
by Hugh Howey
Kindle Edition, 15 pages
Published June 16th 2014 by Broad Reach Publishing

When a robot defies his programming, is he broken? Or is he something else? 

A short story of 5,000 words.





Glitch by Hugh Howey was a short story I had seen on Amazon's Kindle Unlimited. At the time, I was pretty busy and had little time to read, so I had been looking for something short and fun that I could read in one sitting. Glitch was just that.

As the story was only about 15 pages, this will obviously be a rather short review. 

It is quite amazing how an author is able to create such a captivating story in only 5,000 words, but Howey manages to do just that. While the concept does sound reminiscient of things such as I-Robot, Glitch is something unique all on its own. The writing is perhaps what sets this story apart from others of its kind. I felt completely immersed in the story, as well as wishing there was more once I reached the end.

I would highly recommend this. Especially for those out there who enjoy a good science fiction story, and of course, robots. At only 15 pages, even if you decide that it is not for you, at most, you have only wasted a few minutes. Check it out!

4 out of 5 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...