Monday, July 9, 2012

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare

The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.
Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide? Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.





Prepare yourselves for a RANT! (Read this at your own risk, can't guarantee I won't spoil the book. My rants are uncontrollable)

This book...I don't even know...too many things bothered me. I suppose a good place to start off is with Clary. SHE'S SO FREAKING USELESS! This girl, throughout the whole book, did absolutely nothing! Okay, maybe that's not true. She did save Jace at the end, so that counts for something. So stabbed him and he's saved, Woo-Hoo! But seriously, that's all she did. She kept making stupid, stupid plans and ignoring everybody who told her that they were indeed stupid. And pleaseeee, everytime she referenced to how Jace wasn't her Jace because he was possessed, I wanted to kill myself. "He was Jace, but he wasn't my Jace", "I had to remind myself, he wasn't really Jace", "My Jace didn't act like this" -___- Oh, and not only does she ignore others when they tell her not to do something, but she doesn't even listen to herself! She didn't want to get close to Jace because he wasn't really her Jace, and you know how she keeps her distance? By making out with him and nearly sleeping with him on numerous occassions, even while repeatedly telling herself that he is not her Jace. And back to her uselessness, the first time she nearly slept with him at this nightclub, she was getting high off faerie glitter while Simon and all the others where trying to figure out a way to save the two of them.

So I will stop complaining about Clary and talk about things I did like. I loved Jordan and Maia! Their parts of the book were so cute and I'm glad they got together. And Simon was always entertaining.

Magnus and Alec, they totally broke my heart at the end. I was so upset. Alec was being such an idiot (almost as big of an idiot as Clary).

Now, before I go on, can I just ask how does one smell boy? There was one part, I don't really remember where, where someone was describing something and they said it "smelled of boy". What does boy smell like? Do boys have a particular smell? Can I go to the store and buy boy in a fragrance? My friend and I were reading this book together and where just like, what??? Also, we cry with our throats now"I could feel the tears in the back of my throat." Yeah...we didn't get that either. Tears don't originate in our throats last time I checked.

Moving on to Sebastian. What a little creep! I always thought he was nuts but then towards the end, he just got plain disturbing. Throughout the book, he kept making inappropriate comments at Clary, his sister! And at the end, it just got weird. He was like in love with her or something. He kept telling her she belonged to him and kept trying to kiss her. I don't care if they weren't raised together, they're still brother and sister and that was just...blehhhh.

Even though this book irritated me, I did enjoy it, for the most part. I will be reading the next book when it is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...