Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Giver Film Adaptation

The Giver (The Giver Quartet #1) 
 by Lois Lowry

Jonas' world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community. When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back






Lois Lowry's The Giver is being adapted to the big screen August 14th 2014. I read this novel in the 8th grade, so I don't really recall the specifics of it. Having just seen the trailer for the first time today, I wanted to ask you guys if you think the film looks like it will follow the book. The movie stars Katie Holmes, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Brenton Thwaites, and yes, Taylor Swift (your eyes did not deceive you at the 0:44 mark). Taylor Swift being in this movie scares me. I don't have to even have to remember the book to worry she might ruin this movie. I am still cringing from her performance in Valentine's Day, which was a bad movie to begin with.

Thoughts on the trailer for The Giver? I'd love to hear what you guys think. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! But I totally agree, Taylor Swift? Even if her role is a minor one, I don't want to see her face in the movie...Valentine's Day was dreadful...you can't fake acting that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!

    I understand they probably wanted her to act like an airhead but to that extent?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...