Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#15)



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This meme highlights some of the books whose releases bloggers are most anticipating this year.

The book whose release I am most excited for this week is...



William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return (William Shakespeare's Star Wars #3) 

Hot on the heels of the New York Times best seller William Shakespeare’s Star Wars comes the next two installments of the original trilogy: William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back and William Shakespeare’s The Jedi Doth Return. Return to the star-crossed galaxy far, far away as the brooding young hero, a power-mad emperor, and their jesting droids match wits, struggle for power, and soliloquize in elegant and impeccable iambic pentameter. Illustrated with beautiful black-and-white Elizabethan-style artwork, these two plays offer essential reading for all ages. Something Wookiee this way comes!

Ian Doescher is a genius!

I have never been a huge fan of Shakespeare, which people oftentimes find pretty bizarre since I am an English major, but nevertheless, I have always dreaded having to read one of his plays. However, rewriting Star Wars, something I absolutely love, in Shakespearean form is possibly one of the greatest ideas ever.

I own the first two books of this trilogy,  and . However, I have only read the first one (a review should be up in the next coming weeks). I plan on reading the second very soon since summer break starts Friday for me and I will finally have all the time I desire to read. 

The cover of this book is my favorite out of all three books. There was a picture in the first book similar to the cover of this one and I remember I could not for the life of me stop laughing at it.  

If you are a Star Wars fan like I am, then you should really pick up this trilogy. Why? R2D2 actually has lines! Sort of...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...