Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Illusions (WIngs #3) - Aprilynne Pike

*Rating:*  5 Stars


"Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice. 

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail."





My Thoughts:
      I absolutely LOVED this book! I think it was the best in the series so far. It was a pretty amusing read, I actually found myself laughing throughout the entire book.
However, I just got to put it out there: I don't like Tamani. I really don't. He irritated me trhoughout the whole book. Though I have to say, I wasn't particularly fond of Laurel at times either. I loved Laurel and David together. Tamani was always in the way causing tension in their relataionship. What I don't understand is when Laurel breaks up with David after his fight with Tamani because he's "immature" and too jealous, why does she give him such a hard time but then goes on to make out with Tamani in the cabin? I think she was being hypocritical there. ANd it was just as much her fault as theirs. If she didn't love David the way she thought she did, then I understand. She was practically drooling over Tamani the whole time she was with David, which I found wrong. But quite frankly, she doesn't know what seh wants. When she's with David, she thinks about Tamani, and vice versa. And honestly, if Chelsea wants to be with David, she should let her because Laurel has messed with his heart too much, and if Chelsea could make him happy, then she should let it be. It's not fair to isolate him from a potentially successful relationship because she's too selfish to let go. So, there's the romance part of the story. Sorry, the whole thing frustrated me lol
       The plot was never dull and kept you wondering what was going to happen next. I was so surprised at the end and am DYING for the next book. The way they left it was just :O (<---shocking). I feel that Yuki is just a pawn in this whole thing and doesn't really have a clue as to what's going on. The whole innocent act could just be that, an act, but I don't know, she seems sincere to me. I think her capture by Shar at the end was completely unnecessary and just down right cruel. I loved how David refused to help when Shar asked him to cut open her dress. It shows how against all this he is, but was really surprised when Chelsea seemed okay with it all. Haha, I also remember when they first tied her up and said they were wearing night goggles, i couldn't help but wonder, 'Where did they get night vision goggles from?' I told my friend this and she laughed asking how out of everything on the page, that is what bothered me the most xD
     But anyway, this book was really great. If you haven't read any of the other books, you so should.




1 comment:

  1. HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ,, My David TT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Why Laurel Why !!!! God I seriously loved u, i loved u two together, but now, i'm thinking of every horrible way i can kill Laurel with, I TOTALLY HATE HER RIGHT NOW !! And Tamani For god sake just die and go to hell PLEASE !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...