Thursday, September 27, 2012

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White

(5 out of 5 stars)
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be...kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.


Just have to start off by saying that my best friend and I just ADORE this series! It is probably one of our top favorites. After reading Paranormalcy, we both fell instantly in love with the story, and of course, it's quirky characters.

Supernaturally was one of those books I was dying to get my hands on. The first book had left me with so many different thoughts running amuck through my mind and I just couldn't wait to see what else was in store for our witty, amazingly-sarcastic protagonist Evie. One of the things that makes this series so enjoyable is Evie's personality. She was just as snarky and sharp tongued in Supernaturally as she was in the first book; and I absolutely love that about her! She makes the story so much more entertaining, though I personally believe even without her personality it would still be amazing, but it most definitely would not be the same. Her humor resonates throughout the entire book; I would start randomly laughing at something I read half an hour before because I just couldn't get past how funny it was.

Being the middle book in a series, Supernaturally starts off where the last book ended and leaves you with even more questions that you won't have the answer to until you read the next book. Very rarely do I come across a book that fills me with so many tense emotions. One minute I'm laughing, the next minute, I want to scream.

Normally my reviews would be much longer, but I read this book a little over a month ago, and have since then finished the last book, so I don't want to mix up the books. Look for my review for Endlessly soon. It will be much more detailed since it's still fairly fresh in my mind. And please, if you haven't already, check out this series! It truly is one of a kind, and pretty spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...