Friday, June 13, 2014

Dark Wine (The Two Vampires #1) by M.D. Bowden

Dark Wine (The Two Vampires #1)

by 



***YOUNG ADULT VERSION***

A DARK TALE OF BLOOD, POWER AND MAGIC

Romantic, compelling and brimming with sexual tension, 'Dark Wine' (Book 1 of THE TWO VAMPIRES series) by M.D. BOWDEN will imprint on your mind and leave you with a thirst for more.

Sarah lives in a small Canadian town with her two daughters. When her husband disappears the same night she meets a beautiful and charismatic man her world is thrown into turmoil. What has happened to Jo? Who is this sexy mysterious man? As Sarah tries to answer these questions her life takes a dangerous turn...

This book was tolerable, to say the least, for the first half, then it just got on my nerves. I had just wanted to finish it and forget I ever laid eyes on its beautiful, deceiving cover...this is why you don't judge a book by its cover.

Basically, Sarah and Jo are a married couple who are kind of on rocky terms at the moment, Jo goes missing, Sarah meets/flirts/sleeps with Daniel who is a vampire helping Sarah find Jo. 

The whole cheating on her husband thing while he was missing and possibly dead just really killed it for me. The writing was not horrible, but it felt rushed. I did not connect with any of the characters, nor did I particularly like any of them. If I had to choose, I would have to pick the bad guy, Sebastian because he was not as infuriating as Sarah. Everyone in this story was just a pretty horrible person.

I feel bad writing so negatively about a book so I will make this review end here, but this is my honest opinion. Maybe it was not as bad as I thought, maybe it is just I have finally drifted away from the world of vampires. I am not going to tell anyone not to read this book because other readers have absolutely loved it, sadly, this just was not the book for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...