Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Lives, New Loves (Nancy Drew: On Campus #1) by Carolyn Keene

New Lives, New Loves (Nancy Drew: On Campus #1)

Paperback192 pages
Published September 1st 1995

Rating:





Synopsis:
Nancy, Bess and George have set off on their greatest adventure: life in a coed dorm in their first semester at Wilder University. It's a world of new friends and new feelings, new hopes and heartbreaks-a world away from River Heights.



Three stars might be a little too generous for this book. In middle school, I stumbled across the original Nancy Drew series and fell in love. I now own so many Nancy Drew books it's ridiculous. And even at the age of 20, I still continue to read them for fun. I knew going into this series that it would be a lot different from the Nancy Drew books I was accustomed to. 

In this first book of the Nancy Drew on Campus series, we are introduced once again to one of my favorite heroines, Nancy Drew, and her two best friends Bess and George. All three girls are now attending Wilder University. Nancy Drew is finally in college, sounds pretty neat right? Wrong. 

College Nancy is different. She is adjusting to college life and trying to make a new life for herself, meaning, she wants to get away from her mystery solving days. Unfortunately for her, mystery and trouble tends to follow her wherever she goes. 

My problem with this book was Nancy's treatment towards Ned, who goes to Emerson University. They are still together but she can't even find the time of day to call him when she says she will. And then there's the flirting and interest in other guys she meets on campus. 

Overall, this book was okay. I do not expect the series to get much better but I will continue to read all the books. I love Nancy Drew and got the whole series pretty cheap online, plus, they are fun, quick reads so what's the harm? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...